2022 3MT Competition Submission Details
NAGS is pleased to announce the 2022 Three-Minute Thesis (3MT) Competition. This year, the virtual event will be hosted by the Institut national de la recherche scientifique (INRS). The 3MT competition will feature winners of each NAGS member’s local competitions, with the NAGS winner and runner-up being sent to the next Council of Graduate Schools national competition. Please see below for details and instructions.
Date: Thursday, April 28, 2022, from 2:00-4:00 p.m. EST
Format: The competition will be held live via Zoom. Navigate to this link to access the event.
Eligibility: The 2021-2022 3MT Competition winner from each NAGS member institution is eligible. If that student cannot participate (e.g., because they have graduated and cannot attend), then the school’s dean (or equivalent) may select a different student.
Competition Guidelines: NAGS follows the official University of Queensland 3MT rules available here.
Instructions for Schools:
- By April 11, submit this form with the following information:
- Participating student name, email address, program of study, and 3MT presentation title
- The person introducing the student: name, position/title, and email address
- The judge panel member: name, position/title, and email address
- By April 18, provide the student’s presentation and institutional introduction slides to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student PowerPoint slide in 16:9 format (see student slide requirements here)
- Introduction slide in your institutional colors using this template as a guide to be displayed when the institutional representative introduces your candidate
- The background and font color of the intro slide can be altered, however, the font type should remain as is. Be mindful of readability.
- Keep the information and location of the logo as is, for consistency.
** If the information regarding who will judge and/or make the introduction during the competition is not available by April 11, email the information to email@example.com when it becomes available.
Instructions for Participating Students:
- Before April 18, provide the slide for your presentation to your institutional contact in 16:9 format. Additional information about the slide requirements and competition instructions can be found here.