2023 3MT Competition Details
NAGS is pleased to announce the 2023 Three-Minute Thesis (3MT) Competition. This year, the virtual event will be hosted by the University of New Hampshire. The 3MT competition will feature winners of each NAGS member’s local competitions, with the NAGS winner and runner-up being sent to the next Council of Graduate Schools national competition. Please see below for details and instructions.
Date: Friday, April 28, 2023, from 3:00-5:00 p.m. EST
Format: There will be two parts to the competition:
- Part 1: Using the 3MT judging criteria, a 3MT working group will review all submissions during the NAGS 3MT meeting (April 20-22) and select the best presentations.
- Part 2: The NAGS 3MT competition will be held live via Zoom where we will see the selected 3MT presentations. There will be a panel of volunteer judges from NAGS to pick the winners. The event will be open to a wider audience to watch the live stream.
Eligibility: The 2022*/23 3MT Competition winner from each NAGS member school is eligible. If that student cannot participate (e.g., because they have graduated and cannot attend), then the school’s dean may select a different student.
*Depending on when the 3MT is held during the 2022/23 academic year at each institution, it may be your 2022 or 2023 winner. If your representative has already competed in NAGS 3MT 2022 they are not eligible to compete again.
Instructions for Schools:
- By Monday, March 20, 2023, submit info about your participant using this form: NAGS 3MT 2023 – Google Forms
- If you will not have selected your representative by March 20, email firstname.lastname@example.org to communicate when you will have the information about your representative
- By Tuesday, April 11, 2023 , submit your student’s 3MT recording by email to email@example.com
More information about the live presentations of the selected 3MT talks will follow. If selected, student participants must be available to present live online on April 28, 3-5pm EST.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Jovana Milosavljevic Ardeljan at firstname.lastname@example.org.