The 2020 3 Minute Thesis (3MT) competition will take place live via Zoom on December 9, 2020 for all institutional 3MT winners who were unable to participate at the Fairmont Le Château Frontenac in Quebec City, Quebec in April. The 2021 3MT competition will be held in spring 2021 sometime near the annual meeting date.
2020 3MT Competition Submission Details
Hosted by the University of New Hampshire, this will feature winners of each NAGS member’s own competition, with the winner and runner-up being sent to the upcoming Council of Graduate Schools national competition.
Date: Wednesday, December 9th, 3:00-5:00pm EST
Format: The competition will be held live via Zoom. Register here to attend.
Eligibility: The 2020 3MT Competition winner from each NAGS member school is eligible. If that student cannot participate (e.g., because they have graduated and cannot attend), then the school’s dean may select a different student.
Instructions for Schools:
Send the following information on your participating student to Jovana.Milosavljevic@unh.edu by Friday, November 6, 2020:
- Email address
- Program of study
- 3MT presentation title
Instructions for Students:
- Technical requirements: Strong internet connection (preferably hardwired ethernet, but excellent wifi is also ok), a suitable device (PC, laptop, tablet, or smartphone with audio and camera) and your joining link (which will be provided to you).
- Slides: You will need to provide the slide for your presentation to Jovana.Milosavljevic@unh.edu by Monday, November 16, 2020. This needs to be submitted as a widescreen (16×9) formatted PowerPoint slide or a 1920×1080 jpeg file. If the submission is in PowerPoint format, use only Microsoft standard fonts. No video, sound, or animation is permitted, it must be a single static slide.
- Isolate yourself in a quiet area for the portion of your 3MT presentation.
- All presenters must join the Zoom meeting 30 minutes before the start of the event to allow for verification of a good connection, audio and video.
- Students will present live and votes will be collected from each judge
- Judges will vote for one person only
- 1st and 2nd place winners will be determined by the votes
- A People’s Choice award will be selected through a poll distributed to ALL institutional attendees